Shalom

I have longed for thy salvation, O L-RD; and thy Torah is my delight. Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me. I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments. Psalm 119:174-176


02 October 2012

5 things about me


So, I was inspired by Pam Hogeweide today, to post five things you don't know about me. Hm.... This is a lot harder than I thought it would be!!

1. I do not like feet.
Actually "do not like" is not strong enough. Abhorrence comes really close. Very, but even that doesn't touch it. Your feet are fine and perfectly OK where they are, but do not, ever, ever touch your bare feet to my feet or any other body part.  Please dear person/friend/family member/child of mine keep yo' nasty feet in socks. At all times. Thank you for playing!

2. I wasn't always Messianic. And, I'm not the Jewish party in this marriage.
I've done stints in various Baptist churches, Non-Denominational, Military Ecumenical services, Assemblies of G-d, Presbyterian, Methodist, Catholic and probably something else thrown in there.
DH? Catholic, but ethnically Jewish. However, he's been Messianic for the last decade.

3. I promised my 5th grade teacher that I would go to college/university.
And I've still not made good on that promise. I wasn't good enough in school, or poor enough after graduating to get any kind of scholarships. And I didn't know what I wanted to study either. So here I am, a 30+ year old mom of two, who hasn't taken any college coursework, but intends fully to make good on her promise to her 5th grade teacher Mr. Miller.  And Mr. Miller, if you are reading this by some weird chance - I loved your History/Geography test, and it is because of you that I still harbor a great love for History and Geography. I prefer reading History books over Romance novellas any day.  Get on with your bad self and do a little dance, sir, because you are awesome. You were an inspiration to the entire class!

4. The food I miss the most from the USA is not junk food, or an ethnic dish. It's a vegetable.
I miss yellow summer squash!!  I secretly believe Thanksgiving sucks, because there is none to celebrate with. (boo!)

5. I freak my husband out with my mad German skills.
They really aren't that great - but hey, I finally found something that I do that surprises him in a good way, not in a "Oh my goodness she is so random!" kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment